Pakistani feature film ‘Seedlings’ has been making headlines for quite a few months. The feature film is directed by Mansoor Mujahid and produced by Meher Jaferi. The film stars fabulous Aamina Sheikh, Mohib Mirza, Tara Mahmood & Mehreen Rafi in lead roles.
Recently held SAARC Film Festival nominates Aamina Sheikh for best actress award and Seedlings for best feature film award. SARRC Film Festival this year screened feature and documentary films from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives and Bangladesh. The event ceremony held from May 26 to 31, 2013.
Pakistan won 2 prestigious awards in the third edition of SAARC Film Festival which was adjudicated by international jury panel from Russia, Iran and Singapore. Pakistan nominated one feature film ‘Seedlings’ and two other documentaries for the festival. ‘The Story of a Living Saint’ and ‘A Bike Ride from USA to Pakistan’ were nominated documentaries.
Pakistan bags Best Actress, Silver Medal in Best Feature Film.
‘Seedlings- Lamha’ chronicles the story of a happy couple whose lives are changed forever after a devastating accident. The circumstances surrounding the tragedy leave the couple besieged with unanswered questions, leading them to re-evaluate their whole approach to life and their mutual relationship.
Winners of SARRC Film Festival 2013
- Best Actor – Thisal Moragoda – (‘Mouse’) Sri Lanka
- Best Actress – Aamina Sheikh (‘Seedlings-Lamha’) Pakistan
- Best Director – Tigmanshu Dhulia (‘Paan Singh Tomar’) India
- Best Documentary Film – ‘Cost of Climate Change’ – Tshering Penjor – Bhutan
- Best Feature Film Bronze Medal – ‘Mouse’ directed by Wasantha Moragoda – Sri Lanka
- Best Feature Film Silver Medal – ‘Seedlings-Lamha’ directed by Mansoor Munjahid – Pakistan
- Best Feature Film – ‘Paan Singh Tomar’ – Directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia – India