2. Ali Zafar’s first project as a singer was “Jugnuon se bhar de aanchal”, a soundtrack of Samina Peerzada’s film Shararat.
3. Though his first single wasn’t a hit but Ali Zafar later made it to the top with Channo, the single that almost everyone has heard. “Channo” remained in the top charts for a long time. It was from the album Huqa Pani which was his first one. Above five million copies of this album were sold worldwide.
4. Not in Pakistan, but recently Ali Zafar was declared the third most googled musician leaving A.R Rehman behind.
5. Last year, Ali Zafar got the 2nd position in the Most Sexiest Asian Men list leaving behind Hritik Roshan.
6. Ali Zafar started his studies at C.A.A. Public School and later on joined Beaconhouse School System. He topped in matriculation exams. Ali Zafar did his graduation from Government College of Lahore and studied fine arts from the National College of Arts.
7. Since childhood, Ali Zafar loved to paint. He created his first comics at an early age of 8 years.
8. Ali Zafar has worked at Pearl Continental Hotel’s lobby as a scratch artist.
9. Ali Zafar’s popular song ‘Dekha’ had been featured in Hollywood movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps as a soundtrack making him the fourth Pakistani singer to have his song featured in any Hollywood movie. The song belongs to his second album Masty. The movie was released 2 years back in 2010.
11. Ali Zafar’s wife Ayesha Fazli remained his long-time fiancee for several years. She is paternally related to Amir Khan – the Indian movie actor.
12. Ali Zafar also worked in several drama serials which include Lunda Bazaar, Kaanch ke Per and the popular College Jeans as well.
13. Ali Zafar’s idols include Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley. People often compare his singing to Kishore Kumar’s.
14. Ali Zafar belonged to a middle-class family and didn’t have any luxuries in his childhood like cars.
15. Ali Zafar did portrait painting in a hotel lobby to earn some money. He used to complete making the portraits within 20 mins.
16. Ali Zafar got a chance for modeling when a stylist and photographer asked Ali to work as a model for him.
17. Ali Zafar met his wife more than 10 years back to get a portrait of her in that hotel lobby.
18. Ali Zafar was really introverted and shy in his teenage. He like to talk among elders instead of people of his age group.
19. Ali Zafar’s first crush was his class-fellow in 8th grade. While talking in an interview, he said:
Yes… I remember it was when I was in class 8th. But she was too mature to indulge herself into something immature.
20. Ali Zafar’s 2 songs had been copied by popular Indian music directors Preetam and Himesh Reshamiya. The songs are Dillagi Mein Jo Beet Jaye and Chori ki baatein meethi chori.